Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael Bloom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ron Ingram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I subscribe to Stockwatch and use it to analyze short interest (SI) behavior. SI data for Canadian exchange listings is manually reported from all the exchanges and dealers (MMs), and submitted to the TMX group, who then consolidate and publish a report. This report is prepared twice monthly; on the 15th and on the last day. The report is issued 3 days later. Stockwatch keeps the short interest activity and history on their website for a long time. An analyst like me copies the last few months into Excel, charts it, then uses it as yet another indicator of market sentiment, and sometimes to indicate whether irrational upward moves might be a 'short-squeeze'.

Unfortunately the data isn't a current as I would like it, but having it is better than not having it.

I'm pretty sure VV could acquire this SI data from TMX the same way Stockwatch gets it, and adding it as yet another parameter should be pretty straightforward.

• Kent Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a no brainer since your surefire methods employ shorting and no professional that employs shorting does not take in account short interest. Stocks with to high of short interest is a good place to get your head ripped off. Likely would see better results with your system if this was taken into account.

• Craig Howard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The put call ratio is enticing but will not give you the information you want if you are looking for short or long interest. Puts and calls can be bought or sold for different outlooks. i.e. buying a call does not necessarioy mean the purchaser thinks the stock is going up and conversely for the puts. The % Short Interest is a much more believable peice of information.

VectorVest 7: New Fields

Feedback and Knowledge Base