How can we improve VectorVest 7?

Allow the creation of custom stop criteria

Unisearch is a very strong platform for selecting stocks for a portfolio. However in the backtester, the options for selecting which stocks to sell is severely limited. The ability to create custom stop criteria integrated with backtests & autotester would be a powerful expansion of the Vectorvest tool.

23 votes
Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steven Marsh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ken Reso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Special Presentation (SOTW) for July 24 2015 has another example of showing a Unisearch workaround for signaling an exit. Adding a "Unisearch Stop" to the Backtester would be incredible!

I just watched the SOTW Q&A archive for Feb 16 2015. Todd demonstrated using a "my portfolio stop criteria" search, as a means to implement a custom stop condition. Automating this would cover just about every stop criteria one could imagine. It would be as limitless as Unisearch.

This is a great idea. My design would be to allow the Backtest definition to specify a user-defined Unisearch, and it would implicitly run against a "watchlist" that represents the Backtest holdings. Positions that are returned by this Unisearch are then closed.

Yes, this results in more Unisearch type processing, but it's limited to Backtest holdings. But Stop Criteria could specify conditions like RV, RS, GRT, GPE, combinations of VV fields, and even ProTrader conditions (for those subscribed to ProTrader).

VectorVest 7: BackTests

Feedback and Knowledge Base