VectorVest 7

Help us to improve the VectorVest products!

Support any existing ideas and add your own ideas! You can vote for as many ideas as you like.
Please make sure that your idea is as detailed as possible so that others can understand it and vote for it as well!

How can we improve VectorVest 7?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. signing deaf

Signing for the Deaf User

Although not essential, the numerous videos add a great deal to the product, and are especially valuable for new users. But deaf users cannot hear them, and of course lip reading does not work.

I propose that you add "signing for the deaf" to all future videos, and to the existing "Successful Investing Quick Start" course.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to have an alert sent (text) when the top VST stock has changed.

I would like to have an alert sent (text) the top VST stock has changed. when

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. To be able to turn Genius on in more than 10 portfolios at a time.

It would be so helpful if we could turn the Genius on in more than 10 portfolios. 5 out of the existing 10 are used up in the model portfolios. If we could have the option to turn off the 5 Genius in the model porfolios and or/ add more please!! We need to see if our ideas working in real time!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add 40 days Simple Moving Average of Price Stop

Could you add a stop for the 40MA Price, please?
    It will be great to have it on you stop list, so my genius will stop my stock if it go below the 40MA Price.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Yahoo Calendar to your automatic links eg for webinar notices

You already have Google & Outlook calendar links. My guess is that there are a fair number of yahoo calendar users among your members as well. Hope you can do this soon. I've been a member for several years.
    Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have integration with Fildelity

Have integration with Fildelity

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add more technical indicators like CCI, Twiggs MoneyFlow, etc.

VV7 is the flagship product but is lacking in technical indicators, especially compared to VV's Options Pro! We keep hearing that retail investors should watch for institutional footsteps, so what better way than Twiggs or Chaikin (competing product!?!) MoneyFlow, as well as the popular CCI, and several others to allow for more trading techniques/approaches. VV needs to keep in step with the competition and add more technical indicators! TYVM!

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom Field Builder

My request involves the addition of indicators to the "Vector Vest Fields" program such as:
    1. William's Accumulation/Distribution
    2. Bostian's Intraday Intensity
    3. Quong & Soudek's Money Flow Index, and
    4. Wilder's Parabolic SAR

An alternative to this would be the ability to input the formulas for the indicators in the Custom Field Builder manually.

Thank You

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stock Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. COULD YOU PLEASE,PLEASE PLEASE COMPILE A GLOSSARY FOR "ALL" THE ABBREVIATIONS USED ON OR IN THE VV7 APP

AS I STATED AS A NEW IDEA, A GLOSSARY S ABSOLUTLY NECESSARY FOR A BEGINNER SUCH AS MYSELF. TY FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MACD Inprovement

Hughes Optioneering recommends a MACD of 24-52-18. Is there a way to change the parameters for us to get this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Unisearch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Date Line to Graphs After A Search and Selecting "Graph Selected'

Assume today is 12/30/2017 for the example below. One of the strengths of VV is back testing. Many times after I perform a Unisearch for a date in the past (e.g., 9/30/17, 3 months ago) to see how well my search performs in the "future" (e.g., 9/30/17 to 12/30/17 in this example), I will graph my search results (e.g., "Graph Top 10, etc.). The graph pop up window covers up the preceding screen that showed the date that I performed the search on (e.g., 9/30/17). So I have to pull down the graph window a little bit to see the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cross-over Stops

Develop and provide a new stop for automated programs. I propose a stop that activates when two EMA of the stock cross. The average times could be specified as well as the direction of the cross (above or below).

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to be able to add the pro trader fields like directional indicator to the available fields in the layout section of a stock so

I would like to be able to add the pro trader fields like directional indicator to the available fields in the layout section of a stock so it would be easy to download. right now they do not show up in the available fields unless you have it in the customize field area but to do that is not easy to do ,

also when I look at stocks and try to export using the .csv file and choose to do only one or selected columns the box comes up but no fields populate so there are none to choose…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OptionsPro - I need to be able to save the Matrix and bring it back up and have it work after I have run the various scans.

After I have created a list of options to use to help me select trades to use to make paycheck money, I need to be able to save the Matrix and come back to it without having to re-create it from scratch. Now if I screen 3 of 15 potential option trade and then have to go to lunch, when I come back from lunch I have to re-create the Matrix from scratch to process the remaining 12 potential trades.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Eliminate Survivorship Bias at least for the S&P 500

The existing backtest tools in Vectorvest are plagued by Survivorship Bias. This makes it impossible to get an accurate simulation of the expected future statistical performance of a strategy based on historical data, because the historical data becomes more and more inaccurate the further back in time you go in the backtest.

Even if you restrict your backtest search Universe to the 500 stocks in the S&P 500 Watchlist, that too is inaccurate. The 500 components contained within the actual S&P 500 varies from year to year. A committee meets each year and retires certain components and adds replacements.

A…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BackTests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add an indicator to the Unisearch similar to the Items Found in the Viewers.

Add an indicator to the Unisearch similar to the Items Found in the Viewers.

This would give an idea of how selective a filter is and the effectiveness of addition or subtraction of the various parameters

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Unisearch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make MTI the underline market trend a Market Timing Signal

MTI the underline trend indicator is not considered as a market timing signal within the program, and so it can’t be used as a market timing signal for back testing and in a portfolio creation.

The underline trend would be very useful for back testing and portfolio creation.

Can this be included as a timing signal?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BackTests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the software so it does not lock up or crash during trading hours

The program locks up and crashes several times during trading hours. This is unacceptable. Please fix the software. The lock ups and crashing of the software has cost me a lot of money as a day trader.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 166 167
  • Don't see your idea?

VectorVest 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base