VectorVest 7

Help us to improve the VectorVest products!

Support any existing ideas and add your own ideas! You can vote for as many ideas as you like.
Please make sure that your idea is as detailed as possible so that others can understand it and vote for it as well!

How can we improve VectorVest 7?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a simple "Search by Name" or "Find" in the listed searches box of the Unisearch tool.

Maybe I just haven't found it but it would be very nice to be able to filter or search the list of searches by name in the Unisearch tool. I'm always hearing "use the XYZ search to find candidate stocks for …". To find the XYZ search to run it I have to go through the entire list of searches unless I happened to know what tab it is under.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Unisearch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide Unisearch a between operator.

It would be nice if Unisearch had a between operator. This would allow searches such as, i.e. Operator: Between Value: $15 and $30. This can be accomplished using two unisearch lines but the between operator would be more efficient.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Manually increment dates for Unisearches

Add increment / decrement arrows to the Unisearch date with automatic RUN when the date changes. Now it is a multiple step process to run a sequential date series of Unisearches and watch how the results of the search change.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. SMA EMA Crossovers

Please add SMA EMA Crossovers. By using a simple move average and an exponential moving average the crossovers are much more dramatic. A great indicator to buy on the daily is the EMA 12 crossing above the SMA 20. To sell use the EMA 6 crossing below the SMA 10. I developed these the hard way, if I could back test and incorporate the VST in the search I'm sure they could be refined to be even better.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Custom field that allows a user to divide price by moving average price

A permanent field already exists that divides price by MA Stop price. I would like to use a designated MA price to create a custom field that can be used to sort on in unisearch and watchlists. I use the 40 day MA price to identify entry points. Many strong stocks seem to retrace to the 40 day before they turn back to positive momentum.
    *** custom field = price / 40MA(price) ***

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stocks within x% of 52 Week Highs or Lows

Currently, there is no UniSearch screen that allows me to find stocks that are within x% of 52 Highs or Lows. The x% (e.g. 10% or 20 % etc.) should be a variable that users can specify.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can we add short ratio as a percentage of shorts in a stock as a criteria in a screen.

I use this criteria a lot when building my screens. Stocks that are highly shorted have a greater propensity to run

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. UniSearch Alphabetical order

If I change one parameter and save the search, the search name goes to the bottom of that group and is not in alphabetical order. It would be nice to get it in an alphabetical order automatically or to have command for sorting search names.
    Only way to get names in order is to log-off and log-on again. It’s not convenient.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unisearch quick list definitions (comments)

Since there are so many available, it would be nice to be able to create a listing of the searches with the comments explaining what they are searching for. As a new user it may take me a long time to go through and read these one by one if I have to click on each one. With a listing I could make a quick decision on which ones I may be helpful for my style of investing and or the current market conditions. Then I could simply print the list and high light which ones I wanted to use.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. After Unisearch extracts a selection of stocks it would be nice to have the total amount of stocks pulled on a screen (as it was in Ver.6)

Please make total number of stocks available on the screen in UniSearch area, exactly as it used to be in your version 6. Lack of this feature is very inconvenient, as it involves manual count.
    Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add RSI2 & RSI3 to RSI parameters already included.

Currently RSI9 & RSI 14 are included. Many traders use RSI2 & RSI3 for short term trading.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dividend Timing Matters

More consideration in the information grids needs to be given to dividend timing matters, such as last two period dividend declaration dates and amounts, current dividend status (post div, earnable div, or ex div).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Could an "Acid Test" 50/150 day EMA search be created in Unisearch?

Dr. DiLiddo discusses his acid test (50/150) EMA for deciding to buy a stock after it has dropped; I cannot find a Unisearch tool using those parameters. Unless I am overlooking it, could you consider adding that search. Thanks. John Elliott

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A search for stocks that may trend relative to holidays/calendar events with variable dates/times

Adding a rich calendar of holidays, earnings, macro-economic release dates and times, ex-dividend payouts, "last week of <month>" would allow searching and backtesting for stocks that have consistent behavior surrounding these events (e.g. Search for stocks that trend upward for the week each year prior to "US Thanksgiving" or "Good Friday", or stocks that drop and recover share price within 5 days of ex-dividend date or go up in the afternoon when "New Home Sales" are reported positively in the morning). Allow these event markers to be stop criteria as well.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unisearch: Allow users to subtract one moving average from another. 10 day MA(RT) - 15 day MA(RT) - for rate of change purposes.

Allow users to subtract one moving average from another. For example, the 10 day MA(RT) - 15 day MA(RT) to allow users to see the rate at which the 10 day MA is changing in relation to the 15 day MA. Would apply to other MAs as well.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Greater Depth in Australian Industry/Sector Coverage – Consider Implementing GICS Classifications for Stocks in Industries/Sectors

Insdustry/Sector coverage in Australia is not as deep as it is in the USA. For example there is no Gold Mining or Metals & Minerals in industry or sector viewer only Materials. Seaches like Stalwarts would benefit from greater Industry/Sector Depth/Coverage.

Please consider taking a feed of GICS classifications for the ASX http://www.asx.com.au/products/gics.htm & http://www.investors.asn.au/education/shares/understanding-shares/asx-sectors/

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make changes to ProGraphics V6 to enable Simulator to work with Colt 45 Automated

Support delt searches on MA custom fields in ProGraphics v6 so Simulator and Variator will work with Colt 45 Automated search strategy.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stock List Header Enhancement - Definitions on Hover

On unisearch lists, viewer lists, portfolio lists, etc., add the ability to see a definition of an abbreviation when hovering over it: RV, RS, RT, VST, etc.. As a newbie, I don't remember them all, or I have to go fish.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Unisearch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Trending & ProTrader operators to RT

2 requests for UniSearch:
    (1.) the parameter "Stock RT" has "Trending" as one of its operators.
    I'd like to have the parameter "Stock 10 day MA(RT)" ALSO
    includes "Trending" as one of its operators.
    (2.) the parameter "stock price (split adjusted)" has "ProTrader"
    as one of its operators. I'd like to have the parameter
    "stock RT (Relative Timing)" ALSO includes "ProTrader"
    as one of its operators.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

VectorVest 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base