VectorVest 7

Help us to improve the VectorVest products!

Support any existing ideas and add your own ideas! You can vote for as many ideas as you like.
Please make sure that your idea is as detailed as possible so that others can understand it and vote for it as well!

How can we improve VectorVest 7?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I need more than 10 GENIUSES - Can I have 20, please?

I think the GENIUS is one of the best features in VectorVest.
    After I run my back tests, I convert the portfolio and turn the GENIUS ON to see how it will trade in the future.
    I need more than 10.
    Could we have 20 please?

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. To be able to turn Genius on in more than 10 portfolios at a time.

It would be so helpful if we could turn the Genius on in more than 10 portfolios. 5 out of the existing 10 are used up in the model portfolios. If we could have the option to turn off the 5 Genius in the model porfolios and or/ add more please!! We need to see if our ideas working in real time!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Profit locker

The profit locker using robotrader at times tell me sell a stock with less than 5% loss when the stop loss is set at 15%. Once it told me to sell and buy same stock after a loss.Is this correct?

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to Edit ACTUAL purchase prices when Genius is enabled

When Genius to flag buys and sells, it uses its own pricing (when that trigger happens), but that is not reality because it is not linked to an actual buy/sell at your broker. Once I actually make those buy/sell I cannot enter the now actual quantity and price into the portfolio without disabling Genius first - I cant do ANY management activity when Genius is active.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add all portfolio statistics in the Portfolios tab

The Portfolios tab in the top just shows "Buying Power", "% GL Today", "Total Value", and "%GL". Unfortunately other important statistics are left out, like ARR, CROR and Max Drawdown.
    To get those statistics I always need to build a backtest of the portfolio.

Please, add all the additional statistics in the Portolios tab (%Winners, Total Commission, ARR,CROR, and Max Drawdown). It would make everybody's life easier, and those are very important numbers to be aware of. I'm not sure why they were omitted in the first place.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need ablity to merge portfolios to weed out trash

If portfolios are merged then the parent of the merged document can be deleted making a more concise picture.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add day $$ change, ytd $$ change and total $$ change to the top of the portfolio page.

Please portfolio analysis to the bottom of the portfolio page.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the ability to change the date range on the Portfolio MiniGraph to year-to-date or 1 year,not just EOD or Intraday

Add the ability to change the date range on the Portfolio MiniGraph to year-to-date or 1 year, not just EOD or Intraday. My graph allows me to see about 5 years of performance (too much) or just 1 day (not enough). I suggest the graph time-span be customizable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add field for essential stamp duty (tax) in buying costs of UK stocks in portfolios

Add field for essential stamp duty (tax) in buying costs of UK stocks in portfolios, as it's a percentage (.5%) every purchase is currently a different buying cost as it's added manually to the broker's fee.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would be great to be able to insert a benchmark graph such as S&P 500 equivalent into portfolio minigraph

Would be great to be able to insert a benchmark graph such as S&P 500 equivalent into portfolio minigraph

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The function 'annualised return per share' needs adding to the portfolio section.

Buying individual shares during the year it is difficult to see the comparable return per share. By annualising the return per share you can compare performance at a glance. The data for this formula is already there eg
    (Current Price/Bought Price times 100) times (number of days share held/365)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Manage portfolio - Add Dividend Payment for Australia

The add dividend box and report needs to be updated for Australian dividends.
    Australia Share statements have the following information on a share dividend statement:

No of shares:
    Dividend Rate per share:
    Unfranked amount:
    Franked amount:
    Franking credit:

The add dividend box should include this information.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Portfolio with Log Scale Opion

Portfolio results over a long time period are best displayed using a log scale. This way early results would be just as important as the later results. For a constant percentage increase, there would be a straight line.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. search feedback

after I have done a search and put stocks into my portfolio there is no automated tracking of what search I used to tell me when I go back to analyze my portfolio. This becomes very difficult when changing searches in a portfolio after three or four turns in the market. At present the only method I have is to type my search and dates used in the portfolio edit, descriptions box. This seems like an easily automated function.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Alerts based on dollar figure.

In the Portfolio Automation, it would be nice to be able to set an "Alert", based on a dollar figure rather then a percentage or trailing stop or ratchet stop. I would like to get an alert when stock I owned got to a certain dollar value or price.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display "Trailing Stop" price in VV7 portfolios & have column heading in Layout available like VV6

In VV6 Portfolios there is the ability to add the column "Trailing Stop" which shows the dollar amount. Can we add this feature to VV7 portfolios as well?

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Exchange Processing Fee to be entered when I sell a stock I track in my portfolio

I like to track my portfolios to the penny and when entering a sale there is no field to enter the exchange processing fee so I have to add the commission back to the total and divide and even then sometimes can't get the number right without tweaking the commission on odd lots.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

VectorVest 7