VectorVest 7

Help us to improve the VectorVest products!

Support any existing ideas and add your own ideas! You can vote for as many ideas as you like.
Please make sure that your idea is as detailed as possible so that others can understand it and vote for it as well!

How can we improve VectorVest 7?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PLEASE, PLEASE..... PLEASEEEEEE, add printing capabilities to the DERBY and and TOTE BOARD views.

PLEASE, PLEASE..... PLEASEEEEEE, add printing capabilities to the DERBY and and TOTE BOARD views.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Derby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Modified" Calmar Ratio (Total % G/L divided by Max Drawdown) column to the Tote Board.

The Calmar Ratio is an extremely useful statistic in analyzing Risk/Reward in a trading strategy. Why not add a "modified" Calmar Ratio as a column on the Toteboard. It would be a great way to sort strategies and would be very meaningful for many of us in determining good strategies to trade.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Derby  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display 5-day Derby Winners in a spreadsheet

Create an Excell spreadsheet-dates in left column; Strategies 1-5 on horizontal axis. After ten days or so, we'd be able to see which strategies were emerging & which were becoming less relevant. Yes, we can do this by going through the past weeks and noting which strategies appeared the most, but a spreadsheet, esp one with strategies color-coded would make this much easier to see and visualize.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. derby graph colors set all 1 color at once

set 1 color for all derby graphs rather than having to change them 1 at a time. most now have colors which do not show up on white background.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have a price entry selectable for 1/2, 1, 2, 3, etc. hours after market open.

Vector Vest advises caution in entering the market in the first 1/2 and 1 hour in the trading day. Having selectable entry points for the Derby would not only help this but would also provide a better indication of the most recent performers.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. provide global change to min price and volume req'ts for Derby searches (100K volume is too small)

The purchases of $1.00 stocks with 100K daily volume are very limited (large order moves the market). Ability to change min price/volume of ALL Derby stocks would support larger portfolios.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show rate of ascent/descent on the split view

Show rate of ascent/descent on the split view so I can see the upward or downward movement of each search. This would be great for capturing a search at the beginning of its rise or fall.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Split tote board into bullish and bearish searches

Realtime Derby Great improvement w/ tote board. Is it possible in the future to have an option to split into bearish and bullish searches (like a split view) in tote board? It is helpful for those of us who don't short? Thanks.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. volume in derby results

need to see volume traded next to the roi .hot stocks go up or down in high volume

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. DERBY - In "Split View"

In Split View, Bullish/Bearish plays are both visible; Once I've narrowed my columns, columns should remain narrow so that I can see all data without having to horizontally scroll. When I refresh the screen I should be able to see ALL the columns without having to scroll.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In Derby stock display: Allow columns to be configurable like in other lists

Would love to see volume and may be other parameters in Derby stock list. Why not make it configurable like other lists?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a Graph Bug when you open a search to view equities

Add a graph bug with the ability to scan down the 10 stocks and view the graphs quickly

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add VV Rating (B,H,S) when you open a search to view stocks in the search.

There is room to the right of ROI for buy/sell/hold color. This would be very important as I cherry pick and will not buy a sell rated equity. Now I have to open stock analysis for each stock 1 at a time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the Delta feature to the derby that Jerry has mentioned.

Add the Delta feature to the derby that Jerry has mentioned.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. For Buy and Hold trades using RoboTrader need to have search name above holdings or space to enter manually.

For Buy and Hold trades using RoboTrader need to have search name above holdings or space to enter manually. The stock holdings displayed need to have the search name or assigned name displayed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a parameter in Derby. flag a strategy to see where it is on the list.

to see the strategy and where it is on the list during the day. Also have the parameter for the price to set from 2 to 15 say.
    Also to have the list of strategies so a person's favorite strategies can be place on top of the list to see how they do during the day.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Derby - Change From Top 10 Stocks to Top 5 Stocks

When back testing a strategy, VV is now recommending the top 5 stocks for incredible returns. By changing the Derby to represent the top 5 stocks, this will provide faster visibility for all the Derby options: Day Trading, Buy and Hold, Vary the Start Date, etc.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow search criterion for daily volume to be able to be increased for higher volume traders.

Your standard searches use 100000 shares average as the volume criterion. I trade a significantly larger portfolio than $100,000. For example trading $1.5 M portfolio, looking to buy 20 stocks would have a buy order of $75,000 for each stock. However many of your searches have stock price criterion of >$1. That means I could be placing orders for 75% of the daily volume or on the selling side be trying to sell 75% of the average daily volume. Either would cause a major disruption to the price. An improvement would be able to change the criterion for both the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add VV daily best stock picks in Derby for each strategy and ability to track them moving forward.

I want to know which stocks VV recommends buying at a glance in Derby. Then, give me ability to add to watchlist and track it going forward. Additionally, Tote board should give me VV recommended stock picks over the time frame I chose and postulate best going forward given RT market conditions.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

VectorVest 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base