Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JAMES morris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John Pekse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have you provide a way to enter long and short call and put options in my portfolio. Options Pro is great to follow options interaction and what to do, but I can not add it to my portfolios.

• Lyle Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we cannot have proper accounting and g/l % repoRting/display in our portfolios UNLESS we are able to enter option PURCHASE/BUYBACK amounts.....currently we can enter option income but not buyback or purchase.... ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ALLOW NEGATIVE ENTRIES IN THE OPTION INCOME ENTRY AREA

• Howard Beckett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why isn't this IR listed under the "Options" grouping of IRs? That would change the count of option related IRs from 38 to 284 (as of 1/22/15) and better reflect how many subscribers have issues with the lack of good options trading tools in VV-7.

Also, why did this go from planned to unplanned between 7/15/14 and 8/15/14? (See comments below.)

• Dan Andrews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was marked as Planned and now it is not! Any feedback from VV on what is difficult about options? It would be nice to at least be able to manually adjust my option prices.

• james willis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kewl idea! I see it is marked PLANNED. When do they think they will get this portfolio option into the system???

• Karen Rockliff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many people use options to adjust trades. I love VV but feel VV would be exceptional if the portfolio could handle option trades other than just a Covered call premium.

• Howard Beckett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the 22 votes currently tied to this idea were pooled with the 149 votes on the idea "Make the portfolio manager handle options" they might have enough votes to get them interested.

• Tom Mulligan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to request "options" being integrated into the whole system. Options Analyzer needs to be greatly updated and incorporated into the system. Options chains are needed.
    While Vector Vest is the BEST.....this would make it even better.
    Thanks

• Patrick Bury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree! VV is fantastic, but is a little "behind" in terms of what it has to offer for people that trade just options. I would be nice if they could include Weekly Options, and let us see the perfomance in our portfolios for option traders.

• Thomas Kent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can now "Sell to Open" a single leg option but cannot "Buy to Close", Please add this capability.

• William Ney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will be a lifelong owner of VV if this is done (likely will be anyway but please do it anyway. ;-> )

• Thomas Kent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems to me that this should have already been included due to the popularity of options trading. Guess this would take lots more effort if you allow multi-leg options to be entered at one time. Please hurry with this feature.

• William Ney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed that VV would be vastly enhanced if option trades could be added to portfolio - even simple calls and puts would be a great start as all option trades have these as their basis. I currently used Optionetics to track all my option trades.

• Judson Moulton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need ability accomodate all options ie buy and sell calls and puts.
    Currently can only add opton selling. When buying back and option on a covered call cannot track premiun paid to buy the call back. Change Portfolio Manager -Manage Portfolio-Add Opiton Premium screen: add 2 items to dropdown Type: Decuct Call Opiton (Premium), Deduct Put Option (Premuim)

• William Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most definitely. Options are a big part of VectorVest and the modern portfolio. They definitely need to be added to the portfolio. We have Option Analyzer yet we can't track them in the portfolio.

• Preston Humphries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Would be so nice to support the Pay Day Portfolio and covered call strategies. Give us the tools and make it simple. That is why V V is so powerful.

VectorVest 7: Portfolios

Feedback and Knowledge Base