How can we improve VectorVest 7?

Integrate VectorVest RealTime with brokers and existing trading platform to trigger trades.

I would like to see RT integrated with existing broker or trading platforms to execute trades. I do not think it is valuable for VV to become a trading platform in itself, but integrate to existing platforms.

536 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Raymond ClineRaymond Cline shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Ronnie SmithRonnie Smith shared a merged idea: Why not add a brokerage service.  ·   · 
patrick lanepatrick lane shared a merged idea: new idea  ·   · 
Ron WatsonRon Watson shared a merged idea: Add direct access to brokers, make that multi brokers so we can do order entries direct from VV RT  ·   · 
Walter BarrWalter Barr shared a merged idea: Manage our Ameritrade/Scotttrade accounts directly from VV  ·   · 
James LewisJames Lewis shared a merged idea: Be able to enter trades directly from VV7 with stop loss options compatible with Brokers offerings  ·   · 
Jeff CorneliusJeff Cornelius shared a merged idea: can you  ·   · 
Jeff CorneliusJeff Cornelius shared a merged idea: Seek out  ·   · 
Jeff CorneliusJeff Cornelius shared a merged idea: Seek out partnerships where people can trade right into their brokers like Charles Schwab  ·   · 
John CostakisJohn Costakis shared a merged idea: integrate with online brokers  ·   · 
eurys gamezeurys gamez shared a merged idea: make the portfolios available for autotrade..  ·   · 
Gary McKayGary McKay shared a merged idea: Develop VV RT Into an Trading Platform  ·   · 
Kent GraggKent Gragg shared a merged idea: VectorVest needs to move towards creating a real time trading platform of their own  ·   · 

38 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Burrell CulpBurrell Culp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me this is an excellent idea for 3 reasons: 1: use the broker data to eliminate exchange fees for real time, 2. If IB is included as one of your selected brokers, it has order entry options that minimizes market disruptions for large orders into thin markets--good for 20,000 share $2.00 jail break selections (the only on line brokerage to have this feature), 3. IB financial position is robust--approved by all states for those of us who manage pensions.

• David SandlerDavid Sandler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good to hear. Main integration need is to track holdings using Yodlee so we don't need to post transactions.

• Kent BryanKent Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like for this to work on the regular platform also since I do not do real time and at times I am on the road and away from my computer. For those who are to busy to monitor even at end of day it would be a really important future.

• James HambyJames Hamby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want it to link VectorVest to CoolTraderPro which would trade the stocks in my TD Ameritrade or other brokerage.

• Thomas DiMantovaThomas DiMantova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see this happen. You may want to explore Collective2 as an intermediary. See http://collective2.com/about-autotrade for a list of systems it is already compatible with (e.g. MB Trading, Interactive Brokers, etc.) I think they also have something with TradeStation. They do not have anything with ThinkorSwim (TD Ameritrade) at the moment. But working with them may help this process along.

• Inayat UllahInayat Ullah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Nov 18, 2010 you mentioned you guys start work on this and now 2012 ending. I'm not sure what type of software you are developing that takes around 2 years and still not available...

Any Idea when its avilable

• Wade DeWerffWade DeWerff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't the integration just sending orders to the broker? I don't think VV is talking about pulling up MTI charts in your brokers software right? I would start small and make sure it's rock solid with the first release.

• Llewellyn ChinLlewellyn Chin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agreed it would be good, but make it as available as possible, not just limited to just one or two brokers. I would like to see Schwab or Scottrade as options in the future.

Thanks.

• Rob  YoungRob Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second the IB integration comment from Gavin. IB has so many features that align with the VV trading style such as basket trader which allows you to easily trade the basket of 10 stocks with an equal dollar amount for each position.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base