How can we improve VectorVest 7?

Add notes to stocks in WatchLists

My second suggestion came about after I was able to determine the reason for the dip I returned to my watchlist and wanted to make a note of my findings and attach it to this stock in my watchlist for future reference a note like (stock dipped following earnings report possible profit taking) [suggestion] why not add the ability to add notes to a stock in the watchlist?

200 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminPaul McCann (Admin, VectorVest) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew Saxby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to insert a URL into this note area would also be very useful, that once it is clicked it would open something like MS OneNote on a particular section or page, for those of us (me) who have lots of notes to reference

• Bob Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely Agree. My trading platform has an optional "Notes" column on the same line with every equity in all portfolios and watch lists. Whether for recording or updating research tidbits and events, trading or just glancing down the list looking for a particular bit of information (such as "Buy under 52.50, Stop 47,23, Exit 62.50") I'd be lost without my notes. I'd surely make costly mistakes trying to save time THINKING I remember important details found in Vector Vest.

• James Gustafson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to date and append "my" notes to a stock which ride with that stock, whether or not I own it, so that I can remember by "research" results and reasons for buying or selling a stock. Thanks. JWG

• Michael Bracewell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given the stocks in my portfolio I have determined through research a target price. At or near that price I may want to tighten my stop loss limits.The most versatile way to implement this is for both viewers and portfoliio is to define a new "notes" field in the field list that just takes user supplied text. I can then add that field to any view and position it in any column. This would seem to be the easiest and most flexible way to implement it.

• Steven Bukosky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I'm searching for my next good buy, I'd like to keep notes tagged to them in my watchlist so I can recall specifics about them.

• Patricia Kerr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important to me as I keep track of my stops and other info on the notes on VV 6 and will not be able to stop using VV6 if this feature is not added to VV7.

• Tom Rickenbacker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be wonderful -- to attach the notes to a stock. If this is implemented, it would be great to see the notes not just from the Watchlist but from the stock viewer and portfolio manager too.

VectorVest 7: Watchlists

Feedback and Knowledge Base