How can we improve VectorVest 7?

Create search for Cup With Handle stocks for V V 7 Intraday

Create a new search in Unisearch to find stocks that match the "Cup with Handle" pattern, anticipating a breakout.

232 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Randy Stone shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Robert Scotland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am sure this would be a great addition. VV could then do a trial of the best way to use it and advise. It should work as IBD have made a business with this being one of their main indicators/selling points/systems.

• Kurt Brissing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you add pattern recognition to search function you might be able to charge for that feature like others currently do!

• rjmac29 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too think this would be a very useful addition and would like to use the search if it were made available.

• David Sturgess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if cup pattern search worked not just on price but on graphs of RT etc. I find stocks take off really well as RT crosses from below 1 to above 1 especially if cup or saucer formation had developed on RT first prior to crossing 1. Thanks.

• Sharon Logue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sure would like Elliiott waves too, since lots of people trade off these patterns combined with the usual over sold overbought indicators
    would make a good component with the the G/ R kicker and S and R levels on a chart, add fibs, and it's a really complete picture! call it VVTurbo pkg

• Margo Courtney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mike Minervini (highly successful US trader) uses the Cup with Handle pattern as part of his entry criteria. Woould love to see it added to VV strategies as a break-out pattern

• Steven Bukosky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Charting is such a useful feature of VV that adding searches for base patterns would be very attractive. These would not lend themselves to backtesting, but would be a step towards the holy grail of searches.

• Cynthia Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I became a member of VectorVest because of IBD. I feel that VectorVest could attract a lot of IBD subscribers by having a scan for cup with handle stocks. Please consider this. Thanks.

VectorVest 7: Unisearch

Feedback and Knowledge Base