Multiple Alerts / Stops / Graph line alerts / Target zones
Multiple alerts / stops and graph alerts - I love Vector vest but there are a few vital items that I believe are missing, most importantly item 1. in my list below -
1. It would be lovely to be able to add a line alert function on various instrument graphs so that you can add horizontal lines on the graph to send alert emails for stops and target zones which can be adjusted by the user on the graph rather than changing or adding in the portfolio section or genius. I think this is a fundamental tool.
2. I think that you should be able to set multiple stops in genius / portfolio section not just one and that technical stops such as resistance levels / cross overs should be added as an option and also a trailing stop that is adjusted based upon the stocks volatility and conform Index rather than a fixed percentage stop. This would enable the stop to tighten if the CI drops etc. You might be able to add a custom stop tool so that user defined formulas can be applied or if your instrument does not meet the criteria in the strategy adopted in genius then a stop is triggered.
3. You should be able to show and or auto calculate target zones on the graphs based upon various technical indicators such as ABC patterns with the ability to add area on the right of the graph to show same and for extended drawing tools for potential future channels and trends.
4. It would be nice to have an Aroon Charting indicator.
5. It would be nice to have a channel drawing tool / rectangle tool on the graphs.
6. It would be nice to have a user defined ranking tool in the viewers so that you can personally rank each instrument in an individual watchlist.
7. We also need real time in Australia with Derby and Broker association - I know there is a data cost issue in Australia however not having access to these areas of the platform is frustrating.
8. It would be great to receive newsletters with proposed upgrades for the platform.
Looking forward to the next update.