Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kim Benner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Thad Reed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My access to Keltner Channel through Vector Vest may well depend on continuing my subscription!

• Dwight Wilkes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the Keltner Channels to the Bolinger Bands layout. Would help show which way a stock might potentially be moving once the Bolinger Bands break out from the Keltner Channels.

• Paul Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two price (split-adjusted) MA's can be put into a ratio by going to "Stocks" then "Price/Volume" and selecting "Price (split-adjusted)" as your parameter. Then look for "ProTrader" under the operator. Under that menu is almost a dozen cross-over parameters. The RMA compares two Moving Averages.
    -Channels and envelopes are in there, as well.

• Michael Como commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Keltner Channel is valuable. I would add to this request that not only the (20,2.0,10) be added but that the Keltner Channel we get should let us set the parameters. One of many examples that would be possible if we set the parameters would be (20,3.0,10) etc. The example was given just so you know what I mean. We should be able to set all parameters.

• Al Mumaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the Keltner channel daily, but have to use another data provider to provide the indicator. This is valuable for entry and exit points as well as strength of move.

This indicator needs to be added.

• Michael DeHaan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a tool I use daily, but unfortunately I have to plot the data manually into Excel, please put into vector vest with options to go to +/1 1,2 and 3ATR channels.

• Lynn Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An excellent indicator for entry and exit short and long term trades. It can be used with hourly charts as welll as daily.

• Kim Benner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keltner channels are very valuable timing tool that allows us to select lower risk entry points when purchasing a stock and also help time the sale of a stock when it becomes overbought.

VectorVest 7: ProTrader

Feedback and Knowledge Base