How can we improve VectorVest 7?

Show the Selected Graph Layout on or above the Graph

It would be nice to have the Selected Graph Layout name appear either above the graph or perhaps on the graph as a watermark. This should be a user controlled setting.

178 votes
Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kim Benner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tom Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New user on a trial and this is one request I was planning to submit. Shouldn't be hard to implement.

• Maurice Ayache commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any possibility to have some indication of the graph layout selected when looking at a chart?????

• Michael Como commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another request with only vote is to have the layout you are using Highlighted in the Graph Layouts section. I think that request is basically the same as this request. The basics of this request is to somehow know what graph layout is currently being used. That alternate method would be just as good and so it probably should be folded into the votes for this request.

• John McGrane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea started in mid-2011. When the hell is VV going to implement the idea ? This appears to be a relatively simple request. PLEASE IMPLEMENT. Or is this Improvement Request protocol a useless exercise !

• TRUDY LOPER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is necessary!! the name of the graph layout could be displayed next to the graph layout banner.

• William Baden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VV could highlight the the present graph where we select them so it would be much easier to find maybe a similar one the we would prefer to use in our created selections.

• David Cronkhite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all of the previous comments because I use multiple graph layouts, sometimes with only minor differences between them, and it would be nice to have the current layout I have chosen to be clearly evident.

Also either or both extend the number of layouts we can see and or also let us rearrange (arrange) the order of them to suite our needs.

• Henry Havard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this suggestion and comments. It should be an easy fix to display the current layout in the area below the 'tabs' and above the graph. Users need to know what graph layout is active.

• TRUDY LOPER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In GRAPH LAYOUTS, I need high lighting of layout in use -- to reduce confusion when modifying a layout.

The graph up on screen should be highlighted in the selection of existing selection of graph layouts.

I agree the whatever graph we are looking at, we are saying we would like the name of it to be shown, to avoid confusion.

• James Hamby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When multiple graph layouts have been created and saved by the user and I want to update and save changes that I made since the last save, I cannot determine which graph was loaded by default. It is annoying to have to create another layout for fear of overwriting the wrong previously saved layout.

In Graph Layouts the 'select Layout to load' like a tab should be lite to show the current layout showing.

1 3 Next →

VectorVest 7: Graphs

Feedback and Knowledge Base