How can we improve VectorVest 7?

Show the Selected Graph Layout on or above the Graph

It would be nice to have the Selected Graph Layout name appear either above the graph or perhaps on the graph as a watermark. This should be a user controlled setting.

129 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kim Benner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alan McKay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whilst it may not be as simple as some are suggesting (due to every user having the ability to create hundreds of new layouts) if there was some way of highlighting the name of the open graph in the Graphs Layout section this would overcome the issue of not knowing which Graph you are in at any time.

• Bert Dickenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The goal would be to indicate the format for the graph currently in use. (versus "knowing" the format from prior experience)

• Ian main commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple implementation would be if it was added as a readonly 'parameter' with some radio buttons used to determine its position in the chart....this way you would not have to hardwire it in the main gui...and it would not consume real-estate on the gui for those that are not concerned about it. It also keeps it modularized.

• Mark Crittenden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vectorvest staff Please please consider this as it will prevent making changes to a setup I think i'm in but am not and will be a HUGE help. I would love to know which of several similar carts I am actually in. PLEEEEEEESE.

• Allan Trucano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree. Showing the name of the layout somewhere on the graph would be super. The layout pull down list does show a color, but it needs to be higher contrast.

• Henrik Rasmussen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems at least the selected layout might remain highlighted in the selection list, but on the bar at top of chart would be great.

• John Povey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where do I get access to Custom Layouts? I modify a good layout, eg VectorVest Simple, so it is exactly as I want it. Then press the save/modify button which brings me to a list of so-called custom layouts. Great. So I save it as "VectorVest Simple modified." So far so good. But then when I want to call it up later I can't find it or Custom Layouts anywhere, which defeats the whole object!

• James Hansz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Graphs layout does notdisplay the graph layout name that is loaded. this leads to confusion when modifying and sving differet versions

• Tom Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New user on a trial and this is one request I was planning to submit. Shouldn't be hard to implement.

• Michael Como commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another request with only vote is to have the layout you are using Highlighted in the Graph Layouts section. I think that request is basically the same as this request. The basics of this request is to somehow know what graph layout is currently being used. That alternate method would be just as good and so it probably should be folded into the votes for this request.

• John McGrane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea started in mid-2011. When the hell is VV going to implement the idea ? This appears to be a relatively simple request. PLEASE IMPLEMENT. Or is this Improvement Request protocol a useless exercise !

• TRUDY LOPER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is necessary!! the name of the graph layout could be displayed next to the graph layout banner.

• William Baden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VV could highlight the the present graph where we select them so it would be much easier to find maybe a similar one the we would prefer to use in our created selections.

← Previous 1

VectorVest 7: Graphs

Feedback and Knowledge Base