How can we improve VectorVest 7?

Export data to excel for further testing

I would like to export data such as mti data, stock data and quick test data.

39 votes
Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adam Hartle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adam Sciannimanica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do this by converting a backtest to a portfolio then going into trade history and then you can export that data to a csv file

• Stephen Kirk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely understand why VV withdrew the ability to export the range of data it did previously. FEAR and a lack of trust with each and every user. My knowledge of database structures indicates it is a choice by VV, not a lack of ability.

• Blair Carruthers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY was the ability to export Price data removed?

VV is great with fundamental information, but I also want to use the data for Technical Analysis.

I was able to previously, now I can't!!!

• Bruce Sielaff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of export ability for OHLCV is a major flaw in the VV7 program, especially since it was possible yesterday, June 9, 2015.

• Simon Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to be able to export Quick test data would save so much time. It is a pity that such a powerful software application is hampered by this lack of basic operation.PLEASE PLEASE add it ASAP especially on Quick Test.

• Simon Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to export from stock viewer or a watchlist but it does not include RS RV RT VST REC or a number of other columns. This is silly - as a subscriber I have paid for the platform and it is giving me half but not all. For such a great platform some of the constraints dilute it back to average.

VectorVest 7: BackTests

Feedback and Knowledge Base