VectorVest 7

Help us to improve the VectorVest products!

Support any existing ideas and add your own ideas! You can vote for as many ideas as you like.
Please make sure that your idea is as detailed as possible so that others can understand it and vote for it as well!

How can we improve VectorVest 7?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Graphs

Whe you look at a graph of a stock you should be able to see the industry/sector graph the stock is in. We all know when a sector goes down all stocks good and bad go with it. This would be more covenient than switching screens.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Graphs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow the time span to remain the same as you switch from standard to protrader graphs.

Keep the same time frame that was set in standard graph when you select protrader graph(or visa versa) for convenience. Usually you will want to use both graphs in the same time frame. If not, then you can simply readjust it to what ever timeframe you want.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. send an email or text alert when portfolio genius makes a change

Rather than just receiving an alert within the portfolio tab when the Genius makes a change in the portfolio, I'd like to also receive either an email alert or a text alert or both.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I will have to agree with comments of not having an Apple version being a huge disappointment as I own 7 Apple computers which includes 2 iP

I will have to agree with comments of not having an Apple version being a huge disappointment as I own 7 Apple computers which includes 2 iPhones and only 1 Microsoft Windows based computer which has my Vector Vest on it. The problem is that the computer is aging and has problems that will require it to retire soon. I don't want to get another MSFT when I already have $8-$10k in Apple products. When can we expect a downloadable version without having to partition on our hard drives. This is a potential hazard which can cause vulnerability issues for…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re proud to announce that VectorVest 7 is now available on Mac OS X 10.7 and later! This solution no longer requires a separate partition or installing Parallels Desktop + Windows. Instead, we use a remote server to host VectorVest 7.

Subscribers will install Parallels RAS Client (free app) to access our software. To start using it, go to vectorvest.com/install/vectorvest7/mac.

6. Vector Vest on the Cloud would be terrific for MacBook Users. What are the chances?

Is it possible to put VV on the Cloud so we can access from any computer. It is difficult for Apple Mac users.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re proud to announce that VectorVest 7 is now available on Mac OS X 10.7 and later! This solution no longer requires a separate partition or installing Parallels Desktop + Windows. Instead, we use a remote server to host VectorVest 7.

Subscribers will install Parallels RAS Client (free app) to access our software. To start using it, go to vectorvest.com/install/vectorvest7/mac.

7. When using the backtester there are many instances of selling a stock due to the stop criteria and then buying it again because it qualifies

Back tests should be prevented from selling and buying of the same stock on the same day. Perhaps a set number of trading days before it can qualify again.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  BackTests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change in REC notification

Need a way to instantly see which stocks/etf's have had a new change in REC on a daily basis.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can VV be delivered to MAC users via Citrix Zen?

I am currently receiving a Windows only trading platform on my MAC via Citrix Zen. The program works great and does not require me to have Parallels or Windows installed. It functions directly on my MAC. Can Vector Vest be delivered the same way for MAC users?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11. Make viewing the Model Portfolios optional

Make an option to delete or hide the model portfolios. It is very frustrating to have my portfolios get crowded out by something I do not use or need.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added a new checkbox at the top of the Portfolios to hide/show the VectorVest Model Portfolios in the new 1.4 release of VectorVest 7. If you don’t have it yet, you should be receiving the update in the next few days.

12. Add 150 day moving average crossover to unisearch

Please add a 150 day moving average to the crossover options in search field for moving ave crossovers

currently you only offer 50 & 100 & 200 day options.

Please add the 150 to that field. It will be a huge help

Thank you!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Unisearch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Canadian version of training gadget shows Quick Start not VV University.

This is a bug fix to make the Cdn and US versions the same.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MACD line colors, & Histogram and WMA are hard to see in Classic view.

Settings;General:Themes set to Classic. Graphic Layout set to ‘ Enhanced Protrader timing’

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Graph's TIME period is not Highlighted

Currently, in GRAPH, the bottom right corner TIME period selection menu, does NOT show the selected TIME frame as a Highlighted item. You can calculate this info by subtracting dates, but having the TIME frame Highlighted in yellow, would be faster, and easier to see at a glance.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A list of all buys initiated that day.

Is there a list that shows all buy rec. initiated that day? If not that would be good to have.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Unisearch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can accurately recreate your actual portfolio by entering the number of shares and the price you paid when adding the trades to the portfolio.

Just make sure the correct Commission fee is entered into the Portfolio’s settings to make each holding’s cost basis calculate correctly.

19. Please return fonts to original larger size prior to latest update!

Please return fonts to original larger size prior to latest update!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. correct unisearch/backtest problem

back test doesn't look for changes to unisearch unless you go out of vv7 and reload program

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  BackTests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

VectorVest 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base