VectorVest 7

Help us to improve the VectorVest products!

Support any existing ideas and add your own ideas! You can vote for as many ideas as you like.
Please make sure that your idea is as detailed as possible so that others can understand it and vote for it as well!

How can we improve VectorVest 7?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Watchdog - Customize Email Address for Alert

we need to be able to set up a different email address and cell alert for the watchdog alerts

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Watchdog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. price above or below Moving Averages

The ability to filter stocks thru unisearch when the stock price is ABOVE or BELOW ANY moving average. For example stocks above the 50 ma or 200 ma or both.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Unisearch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Custom Moving Averages are now available in VectorVest 7 for all ProTrader users.

Finding stocks with a Price above or below a Moving Average can be accomplished by creating a Custom Moving Average field.

Last Friday’s Strategy of the Week gives a great overview of how to use Custom Moving Averages in Unisearch searches.

The update is currently being rolled out, but can also be downloaded from http://www.vectorvest.com/install/vectorvest7

3. Please add a tool to delete multiple backtests. currently can only delete one at a time.

Please add a tool to delete multiple backtests. currently can only delete one at a time.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  BackTests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  BackTests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Alerts should go to optional Cellphone email, rather than only the account email

Alerts going to an optional (2nd registered email) mobile cellphone number would be very useful. I am not stationary at my account email the entire day to receive alerts. I also do not want the messages sent to my account email address to show up on my cellphone. This would require allowing a seperate email address to be registered rather than only being able to utilize the account email address for ALERTS.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Stocks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add vertical and horizontal lines in Draw Line

The ability to add vertical and horizontal lines to the Draw Line menu would be very helpful. This would be easier and more accurate than manually drawing lines.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This ability exists in the VectorVest 7 (RealTime) platform. In the next few months we will be releasing intraday and end of day versions of this platform. All current users of VectorVest US End Of Day will be able to use the new platform. Versions of the platform for Canada, Europe, UK, Australia, and South Africa will follow.

8. Cherry-pick Quicktest results into graph

I would love to be able to highlight/cherry-pick the top-X performing stocks (after sorting ROI desc.) from the Quicktest window and send them as a group to the graph popup window whereupon I could then look at the history of various indicators that may be giving rise to the pick's performance.... Otherwise, I have to copy the stock symbols by hand and re-enter at the graph window.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  QuickTest  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re proud to announce that VectorVest 7 is now available on Mac OS X 10.7 and later! This solution no longer requires a separate partition or installing Parallels Desktop + Windows. Instead, we use a remote server to host VectorVest 7.

Subscribers will install Parallels RAS Client (free app) to access our software. To start using it, go to vectorvest.com/install/vectorvest7/mac.

10. Make VectorVest India for VectorVest 7

Make VectorVest India for VectorVest 7

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make it work on a MAC and iOS please. Express doesn't even come close.

Please add the capability to filter for only weekly options.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re proud to announce that VectorVest 7 is now available on Mac OS X 10.7 and later! This solution no longer requires a separate partition or installing Parallels Desktop + Windows. Instead, we use a remote server to host VectorVest 7.

Subscribers will install Parallels RAS Client (free app) to access our software. To start using it, go to vectorvest.com/install/vectorvest7/mac.

12. add Moving Average of RT capability in Unisearch

so that the Midas Touch criteria could be used in a search

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Unisearch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make a VV7 Mobile app (iPhone/ iPad) for EOD (end-of-day) users

There is a VV7 mobile app for Intraday and RealTime users. Make the same app available for VV7 EOD users.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Alerts - show whether gain or loss was met

On portfolios set up with a %Gain/Loss stop, I would like Portfolio Alerts to specify which part of the stop was met... the gain or the loss

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add WatchList Average Graph

I want to chart the AVERAGE of a watchlist or Portfolio in real time (intraday) and be able to apply indicators (moving, averages, etc. so I can determine entry and exit points for the Watchlist or Portfolio as a whole. You already give me this ability on individual stocks. I need to do it for the average of the Portfolio and Watchlists. VectorVest Prographics lets me chart a single graph for the average of a watchlist with end of day data and apply any indicator. I want to do the exact same thing with intraday data.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Graphs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. i have apple computer , having problem with vector

suggest solution for mac in using vector vest

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. Lets have the Midas Touch search in VV7 - I dont want to use the old one

Please place the Midas Touch Search in VV7.
    SHouldnt have to use the old version to have something that was meant for the new version.
    I have protrader

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  ProTrader  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve color set-up for graphs when choosing white background.

I very much like being able to select a white background for graphs separately from a universal choice. However, when this is done, colors of the selected graph items (RT etc.) are not changed and become invisible or nearly so. Please on making this white background selection, provide a complementary set of veiwable colors for all parameters.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Apple Mac

Will there be a ProGraphic for Apple users?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Unisearch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Custom Moving Averages are now available in VectorVest 7 for all ProTrader users.

A 100 Day MA Crossover can now be accomplished by creating a 100-day Custom Moving Average field.

Last Friday’s Strategy of the Week gives a great overview of how to use Custom Moving Averages in Unisearch searches.

The update is currently being rolled out, but can also be downloaded from http://www.vectorvest.com/install/vectorvest7

• Don't see your idea?

VectorVest 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base