VectorVest 7

Help us to improve the VectorVest products!

Support any existing ideas and add your own ideas! You can vote for as many ideas as you like.
Please make sure that your idea is as detailed as possible so that others can understand it and vote for it as well!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. i have apple computer , having problem with vector

suggest solution for mac in using vector vest

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re proud to announce that VectorVest 7 is now available on Mac OS X 10.7 and later! This solution no longer requires a separate partition or installing Parallels Desktop + Windows. Instead, we use a remote server to host VectorVest 7.

Subscribers will install Parallels RAS Client (free app) to access our software. To start using it, go to vectorvest.com/install/vectorvest7/mac.

2. Introduce midas Touch for India users.

Also Real time update is not there for Vector Vest IN. pls provide the same.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom Stop Criteria should remain as set in Genius and not return to default value

The Genius allows to edit different stop prices for each stock, which is a very valuable feature. However, they return all to the default value after the Genius is turned off and on again.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the latest version of VectorVest 7, the Genius will ask you if you want to keep your existing stop criteria when reactivating automation. Select “Keep Existing” to prevent your stop criteria from being overwritten by the defaults.

5. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom field on "Add Parameter" on "Graph control panel" doesnt work.

My custom fields show up on uni search but on "Graph" Add Parameter there is no small right arrow on the custom field item and clicking on this does nothing. If I can search on a custom field then I need to graph it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Graphs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create Apple I Mac Vector Vest

Create an Apple I Mac version of Vector Vest.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re proud to announce that VectorVest 7 is now available on Mac OS X 10.7 and later! This solution no longer requires a separate partition or installing Parallels Desktop + Windows. Instead, we use a remote server to host VectorVest 7.

Subscribers will install Parallels RAS Client (free app) to access our software. To start using it, go to vectorvest.com/install/vectorvest7/mac.

8. 1,268 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

334 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When using the backtester there are many instances of selling a stock due to the stop criteria and then buying it again because it qualifies

Back tests should be prevented from selling and buying of the same stock on the same day. Perhaps a set number of trading days before it can qualify again.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  BackTests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Viewers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. V V 7 version 1.9.147.0 Backtester for the UK

Backtester shows results in millions of Pence (p) which is quite confusing - can you please fix

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BackTests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Why doesn't VV7 save preferences I constantly uncheck the VV Portfolios also when closing a position why can't we change close price?

Why doesn't VV7 save preferences I constantly uncheck the VV Portfolios also when closing a position why can't we change close price?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. RT Kicker Filter for Stocks - Apply the GLB Kicker to Stocks - Improve performance

Since the Kicker for the GLB worked so well, why not allow users using Unisearch to search for stocks whose 10 day MA of RT is over its 15 day MA of RT or any moving average we want.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Unisearch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change in REC notification

Need a way to instantly see which stocks/etf's have had a new change in REC on a daily basis.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Don't stop the video

When the Full Screen button is hit while in Full Screen mode viewing Daily/Timing/SOTW, it should simply reduce to the original size and keep playing. Instead, the video stops, and you have to restart and find your place again in the video.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. All windows should update at end of day for intraday users without having to restart VV7

All windows appear to update on the Home tab including Strategy, except for Color Guard (SFS starts). The Welcome page does not update either unless VV7 is closed, and restarted.

It would seem that ALL windows should update, not just a subset.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Homepage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Unisearch where the CI MA 10 Crosses above the CI MA 20, and both above the CI MA 40

I have been looking at the above unisearch (CI Up & Comers) and find that the best time to enter this strategy is much more earlier.

So could you design a unisearch that will cover a CI MA crossover?

The point at which the CI MA 10 Crosses above the CI MA 20 and both the CI MA 10 and the CI MA 20 are greater than the CI MA 40.

This would give us information about the beginning of the move. We can then look at the graphs and cherry pick for profits.

This would be a great addition…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Tools" "Custom Field Builder" use in "Graphs" tab,,,

I know it would be VERY helpful to me to be able to use "Tools" "Custom Field Builder" under the "Graphs" tab,,, I called today to see why I was not able to use my custome fields with my graphs and was told that it is not available,,,BUT I HAVE MADE CUSTOME FIELDS AND USED THEM WITH MY GRAPHS AND HAVE ONE WORKING NOW! Can you tell me how to do it AGAIN... THANKS

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base