VectorVest 7

Help us to improve the VectorVest products!

Support any existing ideas and add your own ideas! You can vote for as many ideas as you like.
Please make sure that your idea is as detailed as possible so that others can understand it and vote for it as well!

How can we improve VectorVest 7?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. in Unisearch there shoud be a column to the right of Parameters showing the number of stocks that meet this criteria and all criteria

in Unisearch there shoud be a column to the right of Parameters showing the number of stocks that meet this criteria and a second column showing the number of stocks meeting all the above criteria
    ie first criteria 1000 stocks 1000 stocks
    second criteria 1100 stocks 600 stocks
    third criteria 400 stocks 50 stocks
    forth criteria 800 stocks 30 stocks

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Unisearch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a search for Searches function to UniSearch

When trying to find a search by its name, there is no function allowing one to search for a particular Search. Under the Views tab on the left there is a "Text to Search for:" function. Please put a "Search to search for:" function under the UniSearch tab. One does not know in which yellow folder each and every search is found, when one has the Search name but does not know where to find it in UniSearch.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Cdn Ruler Stocks Search: Lowering RS parameter value

The Ruler Stocks search in the Canadian Vectorvest UniSearch only has three stocks that meet the criteria of RS => 1.4. Please lower the parameter value to RS => 1.2 in order to be able to review additional stocks that meet that search criteria. Please advise and thanks in advance. Gary

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copy and paste function for UniSearch criteria

Copying and pasting an entire row or even rows of criteria into another, new or modified search would make it easier than to re-create the same steps (having to re-do the date/time, parameter, operator, and value each time) for a new or modified search.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a simple "Search by Name" or "Find" in the listed searches box of the Unisearch tool.

Maybe I just haven't found it but it would be very nice to be able to filter or search the list of searches by name in the Unisearch tool. I'm always hearing "use the XYZ search to find candidate stocks for …". To find the XYZ search to run it I have to go through the entire list of searches unless I happened to know what tab it is under.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pair Trading

Create a new search for stocks "Correlated" and/or Cointegrated for Pair Trading

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. UniSearch to filter by other searches or allow "OR" statements.

Would like to create a UniSearch that can filter by other UniSearches, not just WatchLists, so I can create a Master Weekly or Daily Search that can find stocks from several of my favorite searches.
    Or allow UniSearch to have and/or criteria so that lines in search can be "OR" statements. Now each line must be "AND".
    Each line must be true. This greatly limits results.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SMA EMA Crossovers

Please add SMA EMA Crossovers. By using a simple move average and an exponential moving average the crossovers are much more dramatic. A great indicator to buy on the daily is the EMA 12 crossing above the SMA 20. To sell use the EMA 6 crossing below the SMA 10. I developed these the hard way, if I could back test and incorporate the VST in the search I'm sure they could be refined to be even better.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Protrader 3 EMA over 8 EMA Crossevers

In Protrader allow the Moving Average drop down list to enter the number "3", useful to Derby club for 3 EMA over 8 EMA Crossovers

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Intraday of stock movement continously by the system and alert traders of its movement

I like to see a continous monitoring of stocks movement through out the day and the system can give me an alert of certain stock start making its move once there are some news released by the stock's company. If I know it early, then I can enter a trade at the early time and riding it up!!Currently the system only search the search criteria only when you run the search and have no alert available.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Historical Volatility available in the Viewers Tab

It would be good if Historical Volatility was available in the Viewers Tab

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide Unisearch a between operator.

It would be nice if Unisearch had a between operator. This would allow searches such as, i.e. Operator: Between Value: $15 and $30. This can be accomplished using two unisearch lines but the between operator would be more efficient.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Manually increment dates for Unisearches

Add increment / decrement arrows to the Unisearch date with automatic RUN when the date changes. Now it is a multiple step process to run a sequential date series of Unisearches and watch how the results of the search change.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please create a search for Star Srearch - Short, to compliment the Star Search Long search. Much Appreciated.

Please create a Start Search Short search to compliment the Star Search Long search. Would like to have the ability to play both sides.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to be able to Sort by Industry RT ranking in Unisearch and in my Viewers watchlists

And be able to sort by industry ranking in my Viewers/Watchlists.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MACD Inprovement

Hughes Optioneering recommends a MACD of 24-52-18. Is there a way to change the parameters for us to get this?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Unisearch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add an indicator to the Unisearch similar to the Items Found in the Viewers.

Add an indicator to the Unisearch similar to the Items Found in the Viewers.

This would give an idea of how selective a filter is and the effectiveness of addition or subtraction of the various parameters

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. more than 4 Stoch choice in unisearch

In Graphs you can set the Stoch to what ever you like but in Unisearch you only have 4 preset choices.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include "BEST FIT WEEKLY" filter in Unisearch Protrader under Directional Indicators

I use Directional Indicator +D(14) crossover -D(14)" Best Fit Weekly graph" of shares as it gives the best indication of a sustainable uptrend of a share. However, the filter "Directinal Indicator" in Protrader in Unisearch only shows crossovers for 1 day up to 30 days. This is not really very helpful as there is far too much "noise" associated with it. By using the "Best Fit Weekly" it removes much of the "noise" and gives a much clearer indication of a sustainable uptrend. The "best Fit Weekly" is obtainable only by opening a graph of the share. Currently a scan…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom field that allows a user to divide price by moving average price

A permanent field already exists that divides price by MA Stop price. I would like to use a designated MA price to create a custom field that can be used to sort on in unisearch and watchlists. I use the 40 day MA price to identify entry points. Many strong stocks seem to retrace to the 40 day before they turn back to positive momentum.
    *** custom field = price / 40MA(price) ***

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

VectorVest 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base