VectorVest 7

Help us to improve the VectorVest products!

Support any existing ideas and add your own ideas! You can vote for as many ideas as you like.
Please make sure that your idea is as detailed as possible so that others can understand it and vote for it as well!

How can we improve VectorVest 7?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Portfolio Totals

Could you please include "Day Change $ amount" and also include this amount on the bottom of the columns on the portfolio page. i.e. Day $ change - total portfolio, Total - portfolio $ cost basis, Total - portfolio $ Market value.
    On the mobile app in the portfolio section, could you please include the $ day gain for each security

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Profit Locker Email Alert Improvement

When a Profit Locker Stop is triggered and an email alert send to the user, it would be very helpful (and save calls to support) if the ACTUAL stop percentage used to trigger the sell were included in the email. e.g. If a 10% loss target had been tightened to, say, 6% it is not at all clear why the stop was triggered.

This can be seen with Profit Locker Pro but for those who do not have the Pro version this would be very helpful.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Portfolio Addition Request

Need ability to add spinoff shares (e.g., WAB from GE) to portfolio when price received is $0.00/no fee. Technical support unable to resolve. Only work around for now is to designate acquired price as >$0.00.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Portfolios: Allow us to customize columns

Allow us to customize columns so we can add RS, VST, etc... also, it would be nice to be able to add additional columns, such as Stop Price, Distance to Stop Price, Profit Target Price, Distance to Profit Target Price.... and ATR (for us ATR fans out there). Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Keep Initial Investment line ON ALL THE TIME on portfolio graph setting once I choose on.

Keep Initial Investment line ON ALL THE TIME on portfolio graph setting once I choose on.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add the ability to choose a default color for Portfolio graphs under the Tools/Application Settings feature.

Please add the ability to choose a default color for Portfolio graphs under the Tools/Application Settings feature.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Less Manual entering of trades for linked accounts

If you link a brokerage account and trade right through VV, it would be great if the trades were automatically updated in the VV portfolio so they did not need to be entered manually.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In portfolio I would like to see the profit or loss of the existing stocks in the portfolio. Not just the cumulative for open and closed.

In portfolio I would like to see the profit or loss of the existing stocks in the portfolio. Not just the cumulative for open and closed. Just the open ones now.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please will you make it possible to use £ as well as $ values in US portfolios?

My broker uses £ for US stocks which means that the investment amount, commission etc would have to be constantly adjusted manually in a US VectorVest portfolio for the exchange rate, Can accounting for the exchange rate be made automatic so that prices can be entered either in USD or in another currency as convenient ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tracking Options Gain/Loss in Portfolios

Since "Manage Portfolio" allows entering Premium received for selling calls and puts, can you add ability to enter costs for buying and selling Calls and Puts? I want to track my Profit and Loss of my Option Transactions.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display intraday or end of day when showing portfolio stops.

In the backtester and portfolios there is a checkbox for intraday stops. When this box is not checked, end-of-day stops are used. For the portfolios, when stops are listed would like to see whether intraday or end-of-day stops are used.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add alert settings for each individual portfolio when using Genius

I have portfolios that I am testing and portfolios where I follow my actual trades. All of them have the genius on. I want to receive alert only on the portfolio where I am actually trading and not on all of them. It will be so much easier to find out when I need to buy and sell ... without checking all the alerts and possibly missing an opportunity to buy/sell on my active portfolios. Thanls

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Profit locker

The profit locker using robotrader at times tell me sell a stock with less than 5% loss when the stop loss is set at 15%. Once it told me to sell and buy same stock after a loss.Is this correct?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Vary Asset Allocation

Vary Asset Allocation within portfolios. Weight stocks above bonds for example. Currently only equal weighting.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to Edit ACTUAL purchase prices when Genius is enabled

When Genius to flag buys and sells, it uses its own pricing (when that trigger happens), but that is not reality because it is not linked to an actual buy/sell at your broker. Once I actually make those buy/sell I cannot enter the now actual quantity and price into the portfolio without disabling Genius first - I cant do ANY management activity when Genius is active.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Moving averages Stop Criteria

Is it possible to add moving averages as a stop criteria ..ex 3 & 8 exponential ...daily and weekly stop out .....?

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Portfolios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add weekly trading to portfolio

I run a weekly search but the portfolio only allows daily alerts. In the daily mode, the timing system may request a sell and buy a new stock while in the weekly mode it may hold on the the stock. Right now I cannot use and set up the portfolio and have to rely on running the backup test.
    Many thanks for a wonderful system.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make portfolio cash deposits and withdrawals G/L neutral

Currently, if you add cash to a portfolio, VectorVest calculates the addition as if your portfolio gained that much through trading, and if you withdraw money from a portfolio, VectorVest calculates that as a loss. Depositing and withdrawing money to or from a trading account are activities that investors do on a regular basis. Such transactions should not affect the G/L%.
    The workaround for this calculating error is to modify the opening deposit. Modifying the opening deposit does reduce the effect of this miscalculation, but it also slightly reduces the G/L percentages since the gains and losses will be calculated…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include moving averages to graph of your porfolios

Just add the 3/8 EMA as we have been using this for entry/exit in the Derby Club from our positions but when using the market crossings this isn't always indicative of the actual portfolio. This also would mean we could watch a single window where the trades are actually made - RoboTrader

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

VectorVest 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base