VectorVest 7

Help us to improve the VectorVest products!

Support any existing ideas and add your own ideas! You can vote for as many ideas as you like.
Please make sure that your idea is as detailed as possible so that others can understand it and vote for it as well!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RV Sort on Watchlist - Can't see RV value

When I sort a watchlist by RV, I can't read the RV value on an iPod Touch. The description of what RV is takes up too much room. See attached screenshot.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Watchlists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create a diversified top VST Watchlist

Provide a watchlist with the top 5 stocks from the top 5 sectors in one view. Users could quickly build a diversified selection from such a list. As it is now, many times the top VST stocks are all in the same sector or industry. It seems prudent to divide investments among various sectors by top VST in each sector and to avoid having multiple holdings in the same sector.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Creating Match and Unmatched watchlists from Add Watchlist; similar to VV Prographics feature.

Allow me to create a new watchlist of either matched or unmatched symbols when adding one watchlist to another. Similar to the feature available in VVPrographics.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Expand the quantity of ticker symbols that can be imported

Importing ticker symbols into a watchlist currently has a limit of 500. I would like to see that expanded to 1,500.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create a Watch list that is Country specific.

Create a watch list that is country specific. Folder for Russia or China or Greece or Canada, or USA, or Singapore or Brazil or Israel, etc. They are out there and coming on strong but they are hard to find. One has to look at every ETF in detail to figure out its investment plan.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Viewers Tab Comment box default to none

In the Viewer Tab you default to a large box for comments. Why not default to no comment and allow for a bigger default for watch list. Just reduces key strokes

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like additional Sectors listed under the FTSE/JSE Watchlist Tab.

I am a South African VV user and was recently very pleased to find the addition of Sectors listed under the FTSE/JSE Watchlist Tab. However, I was equally disappointed to find that the list was incomplete extending only as far as the Industrials Sector. Can this list please be extended to cover all the JSE Sectors? Also, could the JSE code be included in the Sector description for clarity – for example ‘ALSI 40 (J200)’?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. adding stock symbols to create watchlist or portfolio addition takes long time,

can we search stock symbols by typing 2-3 starting letters of company and then select the sysmbol to save time

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Glenn Greene trying to access account for a 20 stock anaysis of my portfolio

Need to access my stock watch per my portfolio which I want Vector Vest to run thru your Stock Analysis software. from Glenn Greene P.O. Box 76532 wash. DC 20056. 01/26/2015 at 10:37 a.m.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Let user create dynamic watchlists similar to Midas Touch Stocks watchlist which is updated daily.

When I created a search with more than 20 lines, UniSearch told me that my search was too complex to run. I was then forced to break my search into 2 parts called Part-1 and Part-2. When I used the search, I had to run Part-1 first and stored the intermediate results into a temporary watchlist, and then ran Part-2 by filtering the temporary watchlist to get the final results. The problem is that the temporary watchlist I had created in VV7 cannot be dynamic similar to Midas Touch Stocks watchlist. As a result, I cannot automate any backtest by…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For those of use that do not have Pro Trader, can you make a watchlist (like you did for CherryPicking Midas Touch) that would list the stoc

For those of use that do not have Pro Trader, can you make a watchlist (like you did for CherryPicking Midas Touch) that would list the stocks where the RT has crossed over the RT 5 day MA to the upside and another one where it crosses to the downside?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The new Midas Touch Watchlist for the US is fantastic. Can we have the same for Canada?

The new Midas Touch Watchlist for the US is fantastic. Can we have the same for Canada?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like to be able to paste a list of stock symbols into the ADD box when creating a Watch List.

I'd like to be able to paste a list of stock symbols into the ADD box when creating a Watch List.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watchlists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. An "Insert Comment" feature for every issue in a Watchlist.

I keep a Watchlist of all the stocks in my several brokerage accounts and also a Watchist of stocks I consider "Possibilities". It would be helpful if I could attach a note to each stock listed that showed the various reasons I bought it, the date and what my goal or thoughts were at the time (or who was the dumkof who recommended it).
    This "Insert Comment" feature is available in Excel where I find it quite useful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Simplify the ability to move a Watchlist file into a folder. Add a "Move" option. Current options are Copy, Edit, Delete.

Simplify the ability to move a Watchlist file into a folder. Add a "Move" option. Current options are Copy, Edit, Delete. There is no Move option. It is difficult to "Drag"a file to a folder that is not in close proximity to the existing folder

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Watchlists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is there a way to highlight all stocks in my watchlist or portfolio so that it stands out when I run unisearches

I would like a way to highlight all stocks in my watchlists or portfolios so that they appear with a marker when I run unisearches or any other searched in Vector Vest 7. Maybe it exists but I can't find it.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Develop watch lists that closely follow timing signals

Some stocks seem to closely correlate with your timing signals while others seem to be independent. If you created and maintained watch lists of "well behaved" stocks this should significantly improve the results. I have tried it and it works but it would be much better if automated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base