VectorVest 7

Help us to improve the VectorVest products!

Support any existing ideas and add your own ideas! You can vote for as many ideas as you like.
Please make sure that your idea is as detailed as possible so that others can understand it and vote for it as well!

How can we improve VectorVest 7?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Subscription Cancellation Button

Customer Service - It's STILL a good idea.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with VectorVest
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Readability

For those of us who have difficulties reading small print, I would suggest you give viewers the ability to increase the font size. Also, I would change the background to black on white for a better contrast.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. More on ETF's

- add all Schwab, Fidelity etc no fee ETF's. Track correlations. Integrate with one of the platforms like Yodlee so we don't have to spend time doing data entry. Continue to enhance ETF coberage. Develop a spin off product restricted to ETF's and mutual funds. Specific ETF's to add now: IEFA,IEMG,EEMS,DVYE,ISTB,GOVT,GNMA,STIP,ITIP,LEMB,VEGI,FWDB,MTP

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Printed Reports Do NO have a print date. I waste time figuring out which one was run last week & today. Generate print date.

I travel frequently and get a lot done on airplances. Because printed reports do not have a print date, it is tough to know which report is this week's and which one is last weeks -- they are the same report run on different days.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Canadian and US stocks on same program.

We should be able to access Canadian and US stocks on same program simply by adding a .TO to the stock symbol. It is a real pain having to switch from VV7 Canada to VV7 US every time. We can't even have the two programs up at the same time as we could with the old VV Online.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. VV EPS values versus Yahoo

I am comparing VV EPS versus Yahoo again. Here are some examples:
    VV Yahoo 2011
    ASYS 1.8 2.06
    HIG 2.98 3.77
    PCLN 16.74 17.66
    GOOG 32.88 33.76
    PPO 0.96 1.65
    SLW 1.27 1.48
    Some stocks in Yahoo have 2012 which is even more off than the above versus VV.

Another problem - the sales estimate is way off. I would like to search for increases in sales estimates but I cannot do it because the sales are so far off. The sales data appears to be last years data.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Develop a full featured program which runs on the internet

I cannot install programs at work, too much security, and VV Express is virtually worthless.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. run a open forum of subscriber ideas.

No editing, except for profanities.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Timer (DEW, Conf Calls, etc) NEED a NEUTRAL signal

Challenge to the VV team: to come up with a Neutral signal for all timers, such that whipsaws are reduced in non-trending markets

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. create a strategy of the week that deals with entering the market

It would be nice to have some theory or thoughts on how best to enter the trade. With the Portfolio Manager it is based on Price of Today's Close or Tomorrow's Open. Tomorrow's Open could be quite a bit higher than the close and based on stock price could cut in to the profit. Is there a strategy for creating limit orders? You have the courses for Stop Losses, but one for the Buy side would be great.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. GRT need to be update more timely - for better search accuracy

GRT need to be update more timely - for better search accuracy

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When I change to a white background "% G/L, ARR, CROR" in the My BackTests screen are shoum in light green colour. Can this be changed to Bl

When I change to a white background "% G/L, ARR, CROR" in the My BackTests screen are shown in light green colour. Can this be changed to Black for Printing and viewing clarity?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multiple Alerts / Stops / Graph line alerts / Target zones

Multiple alerts / stops and graph alerts - I love Vector vest but there are a few vital items that I believe are missing, most importantly item 1. in my list below -

1. It would be lovely to be able to add a line alert function on various instrument graphs so that you can add horizontal lines on the graph to send alert emails for stops and target zones which can be adjusted by the user on the graph rather than changing or adding in the portfolio section or genius. I think this is a fundamental tool.

2. I…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. VectorVest should look at the capability of the Fidelity Active Trader Software and learn from it for overall flexibility

I use the Fidelity Active Trader Program all day long. It has the flexibility a trader needs. All stocks are available and the Note Column is most valuable. It ties in to the actual accounts and has ample Watch list capability. A source for additional ideas for VectorVest

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a new feature to sell part of the position when target is met. For example buying stock at $10 and sell ½ when stock increased by 30%

Add a new feature to sell part of the position when target is met. For example buying stock at $10 and sell ½ when stock increased by 30%

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a trailing stop function based on peak or valley levels , plus or minus a value or value %. User should be able to set the parameters fo

Currently, we have trailing stops which track a % distance from the price. I would like to see an additional type of trailing stop which tracks a % distance from the most recent peak or valley price. This would enable the user to have stops which move up or down with the price (depending on long or short trade) but the levels are kept a required distance below the most recent valley price (long trade) or above most recent peak price (short trade). User should be able to determine 1. the % parameter above or below the peak or valley…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. offer a 6month trial

offer a 6 month trial to allow us to really try the system..this would be great for us starters , I have had the 5 week trial and really did not completely understand alot of the software. If the system works well for the 6 months you would probably have more subscribers

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a check-box at login to identify one's Regulation T status

Add a check-off at login to identify if one is an individual investor (not a day trader) and therefore controlled by Regulation T. The goal is to restrict all activity after login to mimic Regulation T (a long position must have settled --- typically 3 days --- before it can be sold). The spectacular gains of many of the strategies stem in part from the ability to (on paper, at least) benefit from same-day spikes in price on an individual stock. Making this change will allow subscribers to assess strategies more realistically, since we can't do this in real life.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

VectorVest 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base